Fish Ladder Restoration

 A Community Based Rebuild
Effort Started in 2007
The fish ladder in Damariscotta Mills has been in operation for over two hundred years.
Built in 1807 by the combined efforts of the towns of Newcastle and Nobleboro,
the fish ladder was constructed to allow alewives to bypass the mills that
are blocking the falls between Damariscotta Lake and Salt Bay.